Friday, April 27, 2012

"Teacher!!! I feel really weird!"

Lunchtime was chaos today! We were handing out pizza left and right and popping warm ups in the microwave while opening bags of chips and containers in between.

Pause.

         This whole past school year there have been many times when I have had children say they don't feel well. At first I'd say, "try to eat a couple more bites" because it would always end up being that they didn't want what their parents sent with them. But then I had a girl throw up after that "couple more bites" thing so now I go with my gut and most the time say, "You don't have to eat the rest of that if you don't want to." 

       Suddenly on the far side of the lunchroom a young boy starts freaking out and exclaims with tears on his face, 

"Teacher!!! I feel really weird!"

I said, "Hold on I'll be right there."  

          As I came over I noticed a very panicked girl sitting across from him returning to her seat after she waved her hands near his face and food. 

I asked, "What's wrong?"

The boy broke out in sobs, "I feel really weird!"

"Does something hurt? .....Your stomach? ....Your head?" 

"No. I just feel really really weird!" He was kinda starting to freak me out with his "weirdness" issue. 

The barely 4 year old girl next to me cut in "Don't worry teacher, I got it all under control!" She looked intently at him, eye contact direct and alert, "You don't have to eat the rest of that if you don't want to.You really don't!" 

She looked back at me, "I already told him before you got here but he kinda got weird." 

2 comments:

2DollarBill said...

So, what was wrong with him? (That is WAY cute!)

Mickeyfars said...

That's hilarious! But you really left us hanging!!!