Thursday, April 12, 2012

A complete stranger like me...

Dear Blog,
         Today we had the BYU Surplus sale and stood in line outside the doors with the crowd for ages! Okay yes I'm dramatic but still....so we made the best of it and ended up having fun out in the rain :)

         During our time there a really cute little boy in front of us was playing the smiling then hiding game and eventually introduced himself as Roland. Very sure of himself, this little boy said he was 4 years old and turning 5 soon. We had alot of conversations he and I, very cute feller.

"Would you like to hold my hand?" he asked me.

I said, "Sure! That would be fun"

        So he held my hand with his daddy watching and smiling nearby. It was really cute. He was telling me all sorts of things, in seconds I had become almost like his best friend. Feeling such fun excitements coming from this little boy I was caught off-guard when he said,

"My mommy has a little baby in her tummy that came out and died and now is in heaven."

I was really taken with this outburst of information that I said slowly, "...really..."

"Yes, but now the baby is in a very good safe place because heaven is a very good peaceful place you know."

"Yes it really is huh?"

About then his dad asked what he was just saying and I told him. His reply was that they had recently just had a miscarriage and were trying to readjust back to life again.

"But the little baby is in a really good place, heaven is very peaceful." the boy broke in.

"That it is" I replied.

          Sometimes you meet people who don't believe in a life after death. That wasn't the case with this family but it makes you grateful when people do know and teach it to their children. This boy seemed like he already had a sure knowledge that what they were saying was true and he wasn't afraid to tell a complete stranger like me that heaven is a very peaceful and beautiful place. He wasn't focusing on death, he was focusing on where the baby is now, "a really good place". I loved that. I pray that there are more people who focus on the peaceful place hereafter rather then the death part and that people like me wont be afraid to share a small ray of hope ( the gospel) with a complete stranger.

        I hope the best for my friend Roland.

2 comments:

2DollarBill said...

You know, this is one of Sierra's favorite things to do (to be like Roland & share her life's news with complete strangers as we stand in line). And I worry about it sometimes. But this reminds me that those people she's sharing with may just need it.
This is beautiful, and I agree. & how much more glorious is knowing those people are somewhere safe when you know you'll see them again too when you are both in that sweet peaceful safe place.
:) Thanks for sharing.

merrilykaroly said...

Beautiful.