Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Are these waterproof?!?"

      With it being Easter this weekend we were dyeing eggs in our classroom today. The children saw how their egg were turning a different color after being in the dyed water for so long. While we were waiting for the eggs to be done we made our little paper Easter baskets for them to take their eggs home in when dry. One boy very concerned says,

"Are these waterproof?"

"Is what waterproof?"

"These baskets"

"No, why would they need to be waterproof?" I asked

"Because our eggs are now wet which means this needs to be waterproof."

Trying not to laugh I said, "When our eggs are completely dyed the color we would like, I'll take them out and let them dry before we place them in our baskets. Sound good?"

Shaking his head, not grasping the concept, "I'm pretty sure that these baskets need to be waterproof"

"Tell ya what, when we're all done with our eggs how about we find out k?"

Satisfied, he took that answer and guess what? we didn't need waterproof baskets after all lol :)

No comments: