May, 18th 2012
Dear Construction, (Part 1)You live on the freeway. You live on the street. You now even live on my very road. For the last month my feelings concerning you have skyrocketed so high I've come close to writing or calling someone telling them to hurry up and get you off my street! Or better yet, OUT OF MY LIFE!
Oh construction.....sweet construction. I have many harsh thoughts headed your direction....if only you knew what you were into before you planted foot in my pathway.....oh yes, you would've made a run for it just by looking this way and seeing the awful glare in my eyes...
Do you think that I enjoy making u-turns everywhere just so I can escape you?! Do you think that I have wished all my life to grow up, just getting lost on streets sometimes 4 roads down just to get around you?? I do not hardly find happiness in circling the neighborhood for a good 10 minutes because I simply can't get across you into my driveway!!
My advice to you is to get out of my way! I'm comin through!
May 19th 2012
Dear Construction, ( Part 2)
Today was a hard day at school. After one child throwing up and going home, all the kids went wild about seeing the throw-up. It was raining all afternoon which meant we had to stay in for recess unless we wanted all the kids soaked, changing clothes and the whole classroom wet. They were very active and talking over the top of the teacher. Alot of times we could'nt get a word in or even hear ourselves and constantly we'd have to ring the bell, start over and try it again.
After a long day I really didn't want or care to do dinner but sucked it up and did it anyways...After dinner James wasn't feeling well and it took quite awhile to get him to go down to sleep....earache or something, still not sure. It's good now. But boy has it been a day.
I decided to take a walk after that. Justin was doing the dishes and I just needed to have some fresh air and some downtime to myself. Down the stairs I walked and found myself almost instantly walking on you. All the workers had gone home by now, it was just me, and you.
I walked and walked up and down the street in the dirt which was exactly in the middle of the road. Up dirt hills I went and smashing leftover prints from tractor wheels on the way down.... After a good 20 minutes I sat down and just looked at you to the right and to the left and sighed....
This was the most relaxing thing that I've had all day long, actually...probably since I lived in the country. Growing up in the country I'm not used to construction. However, walking on construction reminded me of all my years growing up with my brothers in the country. Walking our dog, 4-wheeling, running, making forts. It truly reminded me of the peace I'd find so often by getting out and walking on plain dirt around my house. Most the time I was headed no where, just living in the moment. Letting all my worries go....it was the time I felt most peaceful, safe....free.
So, although there are times I'm furious with you, and act pretty pathetic during my anger. If I may, Construction. I'd like to say Thank-you. Thank-you for the peaceful, memorable walk that gave me A Different Point of View, on Construction. May I always remember that there is a Different Point of View on everything. Even though I may not see it right away I can always choose to be positive or negative.

2 comments:
Part one: I totally agree! It has been annoying. When I ride my bike to work sometimes I have to go a few blocks out of the way to get around it!
Part two: I'm glad you were able to find a bright spot about it. :) You are a better person than I.
Love You!
Alicia, you are beautiful. I'm glad after all the stress you have a happy ending.
Post a Comment