Monday, June 4, 2012

9 months, 5 days a week + 700 hours = FINISHED INTERNSHIP!!

I'm officially finished with my Montessori Teaching Internship! YAY!

        Okay...so a few mixed feelings here. First, I'm extremely excited to be home and with my son and let my husband go back to school. However! I've never worked or been at a school anywhere in my life like this one. It has been the most rewarding job of my life! Never have I felt with education that I could spread my wings and fly if you will, in fact I've hated education for a long time. With this internship I was never once degraded, or looked at differently because I was "the intern" or simply 21 years old. This was my dream job and after being done with my internship it's definitely still my dream job. Montessori at Riverton will always have a place in my heart. The staff and members are unforgettable and the best thing that has ever happened to me. 

        To all the relatives that have helped take care of James for us this past year. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you. 

         Here's the children I worked with this past year at the very end of the year performance. They are each and everyone so so sweet. I love them and will miss them dearly. 









            For those who are wondering, "If it's so great? why are you stopping?" Well....a year and a half ago before we moved to BYU Provo, I had a huge break down....This was after I found out that I couldn't count any of my previous intern hours which was around 600 hours.....My husband sat me down and said that when we move to Provo UT maybe you can try again at another school. I wanted nothing to do with it because first now I was sure I hated education for a fact and second, I wasn't having a baby to toss him off on someone else while I go to work. I had a baby to be a mom. My husband then said that he would stay home, pretty much take a year off of school so that he can watch James and I could work and finish my school.....Wow. So that's what happened. The deal though was that as soon as I was done I'd let him go to school and I'd be the stay at home parent which honestly is fine with me because of how much my husband sacrificed to help me accomplish one of my biggest dreams. So, here's to him. Thank you Justin. Sincerely Thank you.            
            With Love, Alicia

2 comments:

merrilykaroly said...

Those Karoly boys sure are winners! I so wish I could have helped you watch James!!! Congratulations for finishing! What a tremendous accomplishment!!!

2DollarBill said...

Congratulations! I know you're going to miss them.... I'm going to miss the cute blogs of things they say ;). But you're son is definitely fun to be around. You know he is always welcome to our house for whatever reason :D.