Monday, March 19, 2012

The funny things kids say....

Dear Blog,
        As many of you know I've been doing a Montessori Teaching Internship here in Utah since last September. It occurred to me just recently that I have around 2 1/2 months left of that internship which is so crazy to me. I have so many mixed feelings about it all because I absolutely love it with all my heart and have never felt like I've succeeded so well until now, I love those people and the school and I pray that my journey in life will one day lead me back to somehow being able to live and teach in that area again. The only reason that makes me okay about leaving this teaching position is being a stay at home mom which will help my husband while he's in school, and fill my heart being with my son all day long whom I've missed being with.

        Before I forget here are some of the things the kids have said or done this past year that could either make you think or crack you up laughing :)
         - Note: I've changed the names to protect identities. All photos are from Google.
_____________________________________________
Ms Jamie: "Jack is such an amazing boy!"
Ms Rose: "Oh I know! Don't you want to just take him home??"
Ms Jamie: "Yes! He's gonna be a little heart breaker when he grows up!"
Eric who is 4 years old and apparently behind the teachers suddenly sings this chorus! Can skip to second 38 on clip below..


____________________________________________

December comes around and I'm watching some boys very intently start playing and building with some blocks in the room. I found it interesting that these boys from ages 3 to 6 were all extremely interested in their work so I tuned in to hear their conversation....

John: "I'm going to build the biggest one! He'll be in my place!"
Mike: "I already made a place and this is where He'll belong!"
Timothy: "Okay guys, guys! He can be born at your place and and vacation over at your place and live at my place!"
Aaron: "But what about my place?!? I want him there too!"
Mike: "Hey here's an idea how about we make one big giant fort and he can live there!"
John: "Wait a minute guys that's not gonna work, He was born in a stable..."

Teacher: "What are you guys talking about?"
Aaron: "We're trying to find a place where baby Jesus can be born."

       

___________________________________________

  Christina: "The more you love, the more you're brave"

                 
___________________________________________

Tom: "When I grow up I'm going to marry Ms. Alicia"
George: "hehehe.....hehehe"
Tom walks away after a few minutes
Ms. Amanda: "George? why were you laughing at Tom?"
George: "Because Ms. Alicia already has a wife! hehe! " Lol

     

___________________________________________

A group of kids were surrounding a girl at the art table who was writing out everyone's names on papers and handing them out. All the kids were in aw, the conversation went like so...

Jackson: "Boy! She can spell!"
Jillian: "Oh man yes she can! Look! She spelled my name right!"
Jackson: "What do you suppose she'll be when she grows up??"
Jillian: "A speller!"


__________________________________________

Every day we try to have every child do one if not all of their academics which is their reading, writing, math and so forth. One such morning a 3 year old walks in the door and says, "I'm ready for my Ep-e-dem-ics Ms Sawyer!"
__________________________________________

Ciara: "Did you know my Heavenly Father loves me?"

            
__________________________________________

Ms Sawyer: "Johnathon, come here please?" (comes over)
Ms Sawyer: "Johnathon can you do your ----"
Johnathon: "Did you know you smell like Rootbeer?!?"
__________________________________________

Ms. Sawyer: "Today is Monday, does anyone know what yesterday was?"
Alex: "Oh! Oh! Primary! It was Primary!" :)
__________________________________________

Markus: "Guess what Ms. Webster! I read this whole book!"
Ms. Webster: "wow! Already? Wasn't that hard??"
Markus: "Nah! It was easy, the hard part was turning the pages!" lol


__________________________________________

Love these kids!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Unforgettable! The Lord gives us great opportunities to rejoice in children doesn't he?

merrilykaroly said...

Haha! Loved it! Turning pages can get very tiring.

2DollarBill said...

Thanks for sharing! You are awesome and while I'm sure James will enjoy it a lot. But I'm guesing the other little ones are going to be a little jealous of James. We love you!