Friday, July 15, 2011

Lewis and Clark Caverns...WE SURVIVED!

Justin and I went up to Idaho a bit ago and almost my whole family went on a mini vacation up to the Lewis and Clark Caverns in Montana! 
Okay, so it got to be a wee bit of a crazy drive...
No matter how cute you are, feet don't belong in hair! lol





Oh look what a pretty view! :)
Oh we have to go on a short walk huh? cool! :)

And we're even dressed up for the cold caverns!

What a lovely day! :)



Boy this is kinda getting hot out here...
You guys think this is hot? oh come on! It cant be that much further!
Oh hello Mason...
How'd you get on Grandpa's back?
"Well you see I kinda..."
You did what???
Oh, this is kinda a long walk...I'm getting pretty warm...


YAY We're finally there!!!

8 adults + 7 kids = ALOT OF TIRED PEOPLE!




If you can see there are two roads, the upper one is the one we just walked on and the lower one is our way back! The whole thing happens to be 2 miles...Oh don't you worry! We totally got this! :)





BJ just learned there are bats in the cave! lol

"Um...Mrs? I'm with him."


Just about to go inside the Caverns!


So apparently Lewis and Clark didn't discover the caverns at all. lol However that is the hole they came through, figured there wasn't anything worth seeing and climbed back up! lol 

Oh look! This is an easy walk! no biggy right?





See?? nothing too bad...Still an easy walk. And I'm so glad we brought so many warm clothes no doubt it'll be colder the further down we go!



Oh look a bolder...in our path.


Lot's of stairs! :)
And tunnels??
This was a really big room!




Look! A chocolate fountain!




"You woke me up for this???"




"I'm sooo HAPPY!!!"


"Um excuse me...I didn't sign up for this..."

White Popcorn
Carmel Popcorn!

No Mason...it's not really popcorn..

"So um...I gotta pee..."


Cheddar Popcorn!

It kinda looks like Justins about to walk into the wall, haha

And here's our group! With an exception of Chris, Eliza and I missing lol


Yay we're almost there! Good thing too because it's not as cold as we thought and we're all taking our jackets off! 
"Um honey? We're not done yet...."








These are our cousins! Always smilin! :)

"We have to go through what?!?!?"


I think this was one of the steepest parts.
Oh look who finally decides to join us? :D

Random pond


More tunnels!







Wow wow wow....now we have to climb???





And we're out!!!
We did it! Boo-YA!
"Um... honey? something happened..how do you feel about having a troll part elf for a son?"
So are you guys ready for another round at the caverns???
....probably not for quite awhile...at least until all the kids are grown up!


Mason "Now that I have you cornered....is there a girl in the picture?" 

While we were in Montana however, we did find out some interesting things like...
- A bridge that was randomly on land and no where near any type of water...

-And a telephone pole. I mean tree. In the middle of no where.

It was fun to be with family! We're crazy to take a bunch of kids / toddlers and a 3 month old baby on a hike but Hey! We survived! :) 

1 comment:

The Goodwins said...

Oh my gosh Alicia! That was the world's longest post! I will have to get those pictures from you. There's a lot of good ones. Eliza's face is priceless!