Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Diaper Cakes!

We recieved 2 diaper cakes that were super cute and I wanted to remember how to make them so I figured this would be a good place!

Jessica's Diaper Cake
  • Card board cut to size for the bottom of the cake
  • 3-4 Receiving Blankets for layers
  • 1 Stuffed animal blanket toy for the topper
  • Assortment of rubber bands to hold together.
  • Tons of diapers
  • Ribbon
  • Nail clippers, lotion, baby brush, comb, Binky, baby slippers/shoes, etc.




Katie's Diaper Cake
  • 1 Box of poke-a-dot diapers each individually rolled up with small ribbon around each one. 
  • Decorative Ribbon - 2 small and 1 large  
  • Variety of toys and Teethers
  • Bottle for top of cake (middle of top layer)
  • Baby lotion for bottom and middle part of cake (inside center of layer - keeps layers together)
  • Big assortment of rubber bands - make sure to have 3-4 huge rubber bands available!


Mom wanted to make a diaper cake for a lady in her ward that the Relief Society was putting on a baby shower for and asked me if I would make one because of the diaper cakes I received. This was the result! :)



No comments: