Costco
James: "Look at my belly mommy!" (pokes belly out after eating breakfast)
Mom: "Wow! Where did you get that belly?? it's huge!"
In a serious tone James replied: "From Costco"
Mom holding back from laughing: "From Costco? Why did you get it from there?"
James: "Well, it was broken. So Daddy fixed it at Costco."
Mom: "He did? At Costco huh?"
James: "Yes. Your belly was broken at Costco and Daddy fixed it too!"
Dressed in Sunday Best
While getting ready for church James putting on his vest looks at mommy and says,
"Mommy, do I look like Joseph Smith??" turning and walking very stoutly towards the door and looking back over his perfectly turned shoulder at mommy as if to say through those eyes, "Why yes. Yes I do." I about died laughing, I could hardly give any response!
Kisses
After walking in the door from getting back home Daddy kisses Mommy who happens to be laying on the floor next to baby Alli, meanwhile we hear "It's okay Baby Allison, I'm home now." I look over in time to see him kiss her head.
Gummy Bears
When Justin picked our son up from Nursery he came home and told me the following story he learned from James' Nursery Leaders.
-----Today during snack time James somehow kept being missed when we were handing out the gummy bears. We thought we gave him some but he kept asking for them and we kept missing him. Throughout the rest of the time in Nursery we somehow kept seeing him eat gummy bears. "Where is he getting all these gummy bears??" we wondered. We finally realized that we DID give him gummy bears, probably every time he asked for them but instead of eating them he was putting them in his pockets, saving them for later!
---When James got home his response to his mother was, "I have gummy bears mommy, I saved you one!" showing her the squished up little gummy bear melted in-between his fingers. In the sweetest tone I ever did hear and his biggest grin he said, "Do you want it?" I was laughing so hard, I finally got out a, "You know, that is so sweet of you James, but I think this time you should probably eat it. But thank you honey!" The whole thing was perfect! For one sick mamma it felt so good to laugh that hard!

1 comment:
Those Costco samples will fix a belly pretty quick! Cute stuff :)
Post a Comment