It all started with my Dad. I visited my parents house a few weeks ago and my dad walks into the room with two open containers inside one another. He was 5 feet away from me when I already could see the evil creatures inside. I screamed so loud and flew to the other side of the bed so fast I thought I might have the baby right there! That's when the rest of the family started crowding in to see the 3 hobo spiders...two in the top container and the 3rd in the container underneath.
When I got home later that week I was sweeping my back porch off and found two hobo spiders which I am proud to say I danced on their now, grave. But then ran for my life and haven't opened my back door since.
Even the other day we were at a family gathering and I saw my sister in laws face cringe, I looked down and not but 2 feet away from me was a hobo spider there on the floor! She killed it beautifully and drew no attention to it. But could I sit still the rest of the night very easily? Heavens no!
This past week my brother got home from his mission so again I was in Idaho sitting next to my dad on the couch. He gets up and says, "oh! I forgot to take a picture" runs outside and comes in with his handy dandy I-pad showing me a picture of what he said my son had been playing with. A spider that looked like a crab because of the huge shell on it's back. Okay, that alone creeps me out. He starts looking up pictures of what kind of spider it could be while I'm next to him.... I start freaking out. Those spiders are HUGE on his I-pad....I stopped looking the moment I realized what he was doing. He then said, "oh look at this one" (why I looked was retarded on all levels of the word) I glanced and screamed while at the same time knocking the I-pad out of his hand! It was a spider on some continent that was the same size as a persons hand. This picture was enlarged on his pad with his hand next to it when showing it to me. Thoughtful? you have no idea.
Now comes The Demon.
It was during the afternoon that I finally decided I was going to take a shower after a horrible nights rest and really try to move on with my day. I'm playing with my son in the front room while deciding this. We throw a swimming noodle after having a type of sword war, onto the back part of the couch. James crawls up to get it and then says, "oh, ew a spider" I think, ew a spider?, "where?" He points and I could easily see it from the good 7 feet away that I was. I freaked out of course with a scream. My pathetic ability to do anything but something useful in a terrifying moment.
It think, I better grab my camera to find out what kind of spider this is. I'ts bigger than a hobo but has lots of stripes. Ya, let's take a picture to find out if it's poisonous just in case there's more. I take a picture. So proud of myself....Then....I could feel it. The spider staring at me. Eyeing me down like the girl I am. It moves as if to say, "watch this you wuss!" I realize it's in a position that I cant take my shoe to smash it with. Great. What do I do now? I see a kleenex next to me. "Ah ha!" but then all I could do was just imagine that huge body being crush within my fingertips. That "Ah ha!" moment just turned into more of a "ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!" moment.
Trying to think of ways to kill it without physical contact I run to the laundry room and all I could find that was powerful was:
Quick I sprayed the evil beast....wait, where are you going??? The boxes? Behind the couch? You're supposed to stay here and die! "Ahhhhhhh!"
That was it, I was on the verge of a breakdown, who do you call???? Ghost Busters! or in my case, the man of the house, Justin.
Yes. I admit it, I called my husband at work. Explained everything! Everything! And do you know what he said?? I asked him what he said I should do and he said, "Alicia, you should go to the kitchen, make a piece of toast, spread butter on it (cause he knows I love butter) and then you should eat it all up" I said, "But what do I do?????? I'm on the verge of a complete breakdown and you want me to eat toast?????"
I don't remember what happened after that point in the conversation all I know is that at the conclusion he said, "Okay, Alicia I'm coming home to kill the spider". I hung up thinking, Help is on the way!!!!
Well, he got home, got rid of all the boxes, pulled out the couch that I so vigorously cleaned while waiting his arrival hoping that the smell of chemicals would keep that spider from showing itself to me. He then asked, "how big was this spider again?" I said it was HUGE! With stripes! That didn't quite add up when he showed me a very shriveled up tiny spider.....
I thought, but it was so big! .....with stripes....
THE PICTURE!!! I grabbed my phone, showed him the picture and we both questioned if that was really the spider or not shriveled up in his cup....
Meanwhile my dad calls my phone inquiring where Justin was (he works for him).....Crossing my fingers hoping Justin doesn't say a word to him about any of this spider stuff I hand the phone over to my husband and he blurts right out, "Sorry Kelly, I had to come home to kill a spider" ....you could hear my dad on the phone laughing so hard he could barely breath. Justin finally said, "Well hey Kelly, I'm headed back to work, when you're able to, call me back on my cell. As for now, here's your daughter" I don't think my dad could even hear what Justin said oh but guess who had to listen to dad laugh his head off for the next 5 minutes??
Can I just say I'm so glad I took a stupid picture of the spider??? My husband and father most likely would have never believed me. And part of me still wonders if that shriveled up spider was really the one we found or if it's still roaming around our house....
How bout I let you decide...
---Take care, if you hate spiders with a passion don't scroll down---
......
......
.....
......
.....
.....
.....
.....
- The size compared to a swimming noodle-
- The stripes -
.....
....
....
....
..
.
.
....
....
--- I think I've hit my welcoming into the Halloween season this year :)



1 comment:
That thing looks huge!! You're lucky Justin works so close!!
Post a Comment