Friday, March 11, 2011

James - Birth Story

My contractions started Wednesday evening March 9th around 4:30 pm. I wasn't sure if they were actually considered contractions because I hadn't been having any contractions until that moment. Anyways Justin started timing them and realized they were contractions, called the doctor and we headed up to the hospital. Justin was so excited! That was so so so much fun seeing him say and jump about "We're gonna have a baby! We're gonna have a baby!" Lol I kept thinking the entire time, you're so cute! I love how excited he was it made me super excited! :)

Around 7:00 because I was dilated to a 1 they said to go home eat something, walk if you'd like to and if they hurt even more come back and you may or may not have a baby tonight. So we went and rented Legend of the Gardians and not even half way through we went back to the hospital at 9:00 and found out after only 2 hours I was dilated to a 5 and still going!

I was able to do it completely natural which is amazing! That was my goal but I didn't know if I was going to be able to do it. Soon our baby was born at 1:35am. Considering it was our first baby, What a blessing! The doctor and nurses were all so impressed as well as Justin.

WE HAVE A BABY BOY! 8 lb 8 oz and 21 inches! Born March 10th, 2011 BEAUTIFUL! LOVE HIM! LOVE HIM! LOVE HIM! COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!! :) :) :)


James aspirated meconium so he had to stay a few days in the NICU. Kinda a downer but loved knowing without him telling me where my husband was constantly sneaking off too so often :) So sweet getting to know a side of my husband I hadn't seen before now.






New Mommy! 

New Daddy!


Welcome to the family James Daniel Karoly :) :) :)

7 comments:

Roethel Clan said...

So happy for you, he is just precious! Glad you had such an easy time. Love you guys!
Aunt Taunie and Uncle Bry

jenny-penny said...

Blessed! You guys have been truly blessed. He is beautiful and I am so excited that you now have him home with you. We love you TONS!!!

2DollarBill said...

Yay! We're so excited for you! WE can't wait to meet James! Andrew says it should be James Andrew ;). (He then specified that it was mentioned for a laugh from TooTall). He is gorgeous! I'm glad all are healthy and that it wasn't too hard on you :D.

S0RR3L said...

He is just the best looking baby ever! I love you guys and I'm so excited that you two beautiful people decided to bless the world with another. Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

The Goodwins said...

I just love him!!Congrats again! You guys are goimg to have ten more right?! That was too easy for you! No fair.

merrilykaroly said...

Oh he is so beautiful. I can't wait for you guys to move down here so I can meet him!!!! You're amazing, Alicia.

Margaret said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!! :)