Monday, December 23, 2013

Hey James, How do we make sugar cookies?

Mom: Hey James, how do we make sugar cookies?

 James: Oh, uh....this is gonna take a little bit of explaining....

Okay, so, first! You walk over to the table and it's suddenly there! A big pile of dough, perfectly laid out and ready for you.

You take a cookie cutter just like this and lay it down...

Ya, that's it. Perrrrfect! Now let go.

I said let go.

Okay, well, you're obviously not listening, so I'm gonna go on now. Once you get that far you push down on it. Hard!

Like, so hard you need your moms help...ya that's it!

After that....well...you just keep going!

I like the sock shapes.

Position it just right!

Poke em out and give em to your helper!

Oh, and sometimes it's hard to decide which shape to use.

 There's alot of choices okay!? But this time, let's use the star!

 Um...just a guess but your still stuck on the letting it go part aren't you?

That's it. Let me help you.  

Now press!

I mean press!!

 ....like....really...hard!

It's honestly hard work but you learn it's for a good cause because that dough is sure tasty!

I hear it's healthy too! You should try some too when your mom's not looking ;)

Mom: You mean you've tasted it?

James: hehehehe, did I say taste? I mean....just keep practicing on letting it go. Then come see me.





No comments: