If you haven't noticed, my son loves balls. Any ball. You give him a ball, you just made a best friend and an enemy all at the same time, depending on if you just let him borrow the ball or if you actually gave it to him... ya, we wont go there. However, any ball will suffice, even if it's not a ball but slightly looks like a ball.
Basket Ball-
Bubbles-
Bowling - Halloween Style! (James first time however managed to do his own lane the entire time!)
And for the longest time, "Bowl" was really a "Ball" for his head.
As I mentioned, any ball will do, even Target Balls! I'm sure I've noticed before but never like my son did when we went to Target the other day! Who knew, they have giant balls outside of their stores? My 2 year old did alright! Ran straight to that ball and declared, "BALL!" Then a sudden, "Too Heavy" followed in his little man voice, Lol!
Don't worry, that didn't stop him, he ran to the next one! And again to the next, until every ball was given a giant hug and massive pulling which in total I believe was ten balls. He eventually came to the conclusion that he had to move on and go inside. I think he was slightly disappointed but knew that somewhere there would be another ball that wouldn't be "Too Heavy" and moved on.
This got me thinking, are there some things in life that after we've given it all we got it is simply "Too Heavy" for the time being? I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm not saying we'll never reach that goal, but is it simply, "Too Heavy" right now because we're not ready for it? Or in other words the timing is off if you will? hmm....or maybe, God is preparing you for something different by letting you feel it's "Too Heavy"? ...
We took a job up in North Salt Lake this past May. Felt this is what we've needed to do. We've loved it but the drive is currently an hour there and an hour back every day for Justin. That means with him being new most days he's gone from 5 am until 8 pm with the drive and traffic included. Our family time has gone down the drain because James is asleep by the time Dad gets home, and mom, pregnant and exhausted.
Since we found out that we got the job we've been looking for a place to live up there. First we were looking for rent but for most places if not everything we were finding, rent is almost the same amount as a home. Then we found out that we qualified for a home! How exciting! The hunt was on, adventure was in the air! The search was happening, but...with Justin having to work so much I've had to take my 2 year old and 22 week along self up the hour drive to look at homes at least twice a week since beginning of June.
For funzies I counted up just how many houses I've actually walked through and seen. 18. That doesn't include how many we've contacted and looked at online. 18. Maybe I'm just new to this whole buying houses thing, but that seems like alot. And the adventure has turned into more of a movie that is taking forever to get to the point.
I know what you're probably thinking, you're just being too picky. But when I looked at all the things we've gone through, I've realized that we've narrowed it down from Layton and Kaysville to North Salt Lake, Bountiful or Woods Cross because of the driving time and gas Justin would be still doing on the road. Many if not most of the homes we've gone to have had massive roof damage because of swamp coolers, smoker basements, or iffy neighborhoods that turned out to have high crime rates etc.
Now, we have been able to make offers on some homes that we were hoping to go through but even at offering full price or a little more than their asking price for the home we've found they suddenly want more $$ ... one can only go so high....another dead end.
"Too Heavy"? I think so.
Maybe our timing is off for finding a home? Maybe we're not ready for it? Or maybe God is just preparing us for something else....that could be scary or really exciting, depending on how you look at it.
Through all the searching for both renting and homes we came across a 3 bedroom place in North Salt Lake borderline Bountiful. It is $695 a month and in general sounded too good to be true. However, having been online for not even a full day we looked at it and found that it wasn't too good to be true. The retired married couple who own and manage the very well kept up place liked us so much they said that if we wanted it it was ours. A few other couples walked in about the same time we were there and did applications as well.
We went back a few hours later and talked to a few of the neighbors and feeling extremely good about it, today we signed on. With how fast these apartments go for price and location our new plan is to take a break from feeling burnt out and look again coming January, after baby and holidays are done.
At least this next time when we look the driving wont be an issue and we can have our family time back again :)







1 comment:
I really liked this. Too heavy. You know, that was how I felt when we still lived in Utah and I was trying to go back to school while having two kids and another on the way (and relying on a really cute sister-in-law to babysit while I attended classes)and it seemed too heavy, but I had committed to it. And then poof, the burden went away and changed into a completely different adventure entirely and we ended up back in California, where we'd always wanted to live. I've had to put some dreams on hold, but like yours, they really were too heavy at the time.
Who knows what the Lord has in store for you!! That place you guys snagged sounds pretty fabulous. Who *wouldn't* love you and trip all over themselves to rent to you, I might ask??
Love ya, sis!
Post a Comment