So I have another blog that I write letters to James on but this story was too cute not to share! Enjoy!
- Alicia
Dear Jamezy,
I've been calling you that now for sometime. I don't like Jamie and you can't always heard the "s" in Jamesy so it's been James-zee. I like it. It works for us.
The other day you and I were in Sams Club getting the tires on our car rotated. Pretty much wasting time walking around trying sample food and what not. You're 19 months and are pretty smart with remembering there's food in there. You can say, "food" now actually and it melts my heart. So, so so cute! We heard our name called over the intercom and I realized that I better go grab my eggs and milk now and check out. I did and thought to myself, I better put these eggs at the very front edge of my cart so that James doesn't get em :) Oh I thought I was a smarty. Lol smarty.....
You and I get across the store and were walking near Christmas wrapping paper when I realized I better call my mom and see if it was a good price. She said hello and I said, "Hi mom I was just wondering...." Right then I glanced over at you and saw the 18 count egg carton open with no eggs in sight. I looked down into the cart and floor with horror in seeing 6 eggs broken on the ground and the remaining in the cart either cracked and seeping out or luckily at peace on their own. But absolutely zero in that carton you were holding open and with one hand.
Your look on your face was priceless. I wasn't sure if I should allow myself to burst out laughing which I was on the edge of doing or act panicked or angry or what....right then my emotions were out of whack and I came to the conclusion that if I laughed you might possibly do it again in the future for kicks.. but if I was angry I might really be over doing it. I mean, really, they were just eggs. All those thoughts went through my mind when I realized the next one seeping out would be landing on my purse. That's when panic set it (I'm such a girl!) I said, "Ah! Sorry mom I gotta go!" and hung up! On my mother! For the first time in my life! I picked up as many as I could while hearing you say your super cute "ah-oh....ah-oh....Mommy! ah-oh!" I said, "Yes James, this is an ah-oh. The eggs are broken. How on earth did you get them?" Of course you couldn't reply to that question but I was so puzzled to how you got your hand clear to the front of that cart, manage to open and pick up an 18 carton egg box and dump them all out all the while your seat belt was securely in place!??! I really had to stifle a laugh on this one though.....it's seriously hard being a mother sometimes. I just want to laugh over almost everything because it'd incredible that you process it and proceed with success! I love it! Yet....hmmm.... lol
I went to the front desk and told them what happened, let them know you apparently have long arms. Who knew?? Lol The lady looked at how tall and long my arms are and just laughed. She thought it was so funny she didn't have me pay for them but instead had someone bring me up another carton Lol!
Wow, what a day eh? Good times at Sams Club with The Eggs.
Love, Mom
1 comment:
Haha! Oh man!! I don't know if I would have reacted so calmly! Oh, James.
Post a Comment