After moving I've realized, we have alot of crap. After getting mostly settled I was going to start de-cluttering stuff since I did'nt have alot of time to do so before the move. Where to begin? (hands on hips) Ah! The bookshelves! This will be easy, you see, I am not a reader. I don't read many books. I actually find reading an exercise that I'd rather pass. However there have been a few books that have sparked my interest. For instance, the first time I read a book clear through in one day was when I met this awesome beauty....
I might have been thirteen at the time but I remember the adventure like yesterday and even remember where I was sitting the moment I finished it; the old rocking chair upstairs in my parents house. I was sitting with my legs hanging off to one side and can recall the deep sigh of sadness taking over as I closed the book, understanding, "The End" a bit differently then anticipated.
Since then I have read several books. Here and there being so interested that I couldn't put the book down and read them in one day as well. But I have found that a book has to be very interesting for me not to fall asleep while reading it. Yes, there have been several books I've opened and found myself so sleepy I can't get past the first chapter....okay, couple pages, but instead start sleeping. It's weird.
I've thought to myself that I should start looking at the way the author writes perhaps. Maybe different ways people write things make me either love it...er sleep through it. Then again I find myself reading a variety of books and falling asleep to books whose writing is identical to some other book I had previously read.
I result to say, If the book doesn't catch my attention within the first chapter or even the first couple pages I'm done for. I would rather give up and try reading something else then keep fighting sleep to read a book that really won't matter later. Hopefully one day I can say that I take that back, for now, it stands true.
I was going through the bookshelf and the first thing that caught my eye was, ah one of my favorite books, and has been my favorite book for a long long time! It is:
Yes, I know what you're thinking, "You've slept through alot of books and yet this one kept you awake?!?" I declare a resounding YES! Goodness gracious yes! I remember watching the 5 hr movie (or however long it is) with my mother on road trips and even seeing the newest one in movies with her and eating popcorn as we giggled ourselves silly! The story never gets old!
Only better!!! I've been sick lately and was so so so so tired of watching movies or sitting and doing nothing that I almost forgot I had an ability to read and should use it. After unpacking most of our stuff I came across this book that my sister in law pretty much dropped off at my house one day and said, Read This. I honestly didn't have time to read a book and get into it while I was doing my internship so I put it on my shelf and said, "Christmas Break". PUH! didn't happen. "Spring Break" Puh! Still didn't happen. I completely forgot I had this book until I moved and happened upon it and could I put it down? NO! Did it drive my husband slightly crazy while reading it?? ...giggle....possibly.
Okay, okay so this might have been only the second book I picked up off the shelf, but my curiosity got the best of me and.....well:
Okay, okay so this might have been only the second book I picked up off the shelf, but my curiosity got the best of me and.....well:
Here is my new favorite book in the world!! Drum roll please....(holding breath) announcing!
Have you ever heard of it??? Most likely not. I never did. But I have to say it reminds me alot of Pride and Prejudice but a completely different story at the same time. A real "Chick-Flick" of a story yo! I'm thinking I want to now buy this one now and read it over and over and over again. Can you believe that?? I've never cared to read a book more than once but this one?? Oh. my. goodness. Breath taking. I love how this lady writes. Hilarious. Brings me back to those memories of thinking those thoughts myself...lol maybe a tad too much info here....bet I really have your attention now eh?
I would venture to say I liked this 10 times better than Pride and Prejudice. And the fact that they are both completely clean always puts a major smile on my face :D
So confession....instead of accomplishing my goal of getting rid of books in my house, I believe by picking up only the second book of which I knew I'd succeed in getting rid of because it wasn't even mine....I indeed added to my collection.
Was is worth it???? YES! However I do think my husband would roll his eyes and probably say under his breath....."And here she goes again...." But honestly??? Try cleaning out your collection of books! Just try it and see how far you get! Especially if a book like this falls into your hands! Bet you anything, you can't do better. Unless we cleaned out our books with a blindfold over our eyes, then again. You would've never met, Edenbrooke.
Was is worth it???? YES! However I do think my husband would roll his eyes and probably say under his breath....."And here she goes again...." But honestly??? Try cleaning out your collection of books! Just try it and see how far you get! Especially if a book like this falls into your hands! Bet you anything, you can't do better. Unless we cleaned out our books with a blindfold over our eyes, then again. You would've never met, Edenbrooke.

3 comments:
Lic! I love Edenbrooke too! I read it at the beginning of this month, and read it in one day. haha. Such a cute, cute book. One of my favorites I've read in quite a while.
Ooh I love a good book recommendation!
You know, I could never go on thinking I'd get rid of most of the books. I am a HUGE reader. Andrew knows that when we get rid of things, my books aren't on the list. Every now and then I will get rid of some but its never thinking most are going. And usually I have to have someone with me reminding me its ok to get rid of it. Someone else can enjoy it. My Mom is very similar that is why I have to go through her books for her (unfortunately that usually means some come to my house.... especially if Grandpa Graham's signature is in it.)
I'm glad you found an AWESOME book. I've actually had it recommended before, guess I need to find the time for Edenbrooke now. (BTW, I absolutely love both the Narnia series and Pride & Prejudice.) Have you ever tried the rest of the Narnia series? If you ever want to let me know, I own ALL of them.
Post a Comment